The main problem is that both the cookers are manufactured by the same brand, hence a lot of people are unable to find the difference between them. Also, I was confused for a long time and wasn’t able to differentiate the right contrast between the two.
The cost is the only thing which you can notice instantly. However, when you look at the cooker closely, Duo60 is a 7-in-1 pressure cooker while Lux60 is a 6-in-1 pressure cooker. From this, it is clear that both the cooker have a lot of features which helps them to differentiate easily.
The main purpose of writing this post is to help you to identify all the difference between the two cookers. I will also reveal all the unnoticeable differences between the two cookers. We want to provide the correct information so that you can invest your money in the right place.
Major Difference Between the Instant Pot Pressure Cookers
1. The Duo possess both high and low-pressure setting, while Lux only possess a high-pressure setting.
2. The keep warm function can be operated manually on Duo for 99 hours and 50 minutes however the LUX can be operated for only 10 hours.
3. Duo60 can make yogurt for you, while LUX doesn’t.
4. The lid of the Duo opens properly to avoid the condensation and food splatter to mess up your counter.
These are the major differences which will help you consider while making a decision to purchase any of these. Even though these are the small differences, but these will have a great impact on your purchase.
If you looking for an inexpensive model between the two, then you must think that whether the cooker you consider buying is worth your needs. There are a wide number of electric pressure cooker available in the market, however, they lack in some qualities. Out of these cookers, some of the cookers also fall under the list of the best instapot cookers in the market, and if you are lucky, you can get the best cooker in the sale also.
Detailed Review of both the Instant Pot Models
Below we will provide you with the reviews of both the model separately. This will help you to decide which model to purchase and also the differences between the two.
Instant Pot IP-Duo 60
Instapot Duo60 is one of the most amazing electric pressure cooker available in the market. Duo60 is a great competitor to various other Instapot available in the market. It is basically a third-generation electric pressure cooker inserted with a lot of advanced features which allows you to differentiate it with various other brands available in the market. As it contains a lot of features, a high price will not affect most of the users. There a lot of reviews available on the Internet about the electric pressure cooker. However, none of them have listed the pros and cons of the model. Without further ado, let’s get started:
– The cost of the Instapot Duo60 is somewhat more than LUX60, however, it consists of some additional features which keep it apart from LUX60.
– It consists of some extra safety cooking mechanisms which are not present in the LUX60.
– Duo60 model has 7-in-1 functions that simply means it possesses 1 extra cooking option more as compared to LUX.
– The entire control panel is user-friendly. Due to this, the user can handle the whole system without much confusion.
– It is also rated as the best pressure cooker of 2015.
– Due to more features, it will cost more. Hence, price may concern for users with a tight budget.
– A large number of users view it as an expensive and premium kitchen appliance.
- Duo, the number 1 selling multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Marker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support your busy lifestyle
- Features 14 Smart Programs - Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook. Now, your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavours, nutrients and aromas within the food
- Built with the latest 3rd generation technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time.Product Dimensions: 14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31 inches
- UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms to provide you with added assurance, designed to eliminate many common errors.Accessories include, stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, condensation collector and recipe booklet
Instapot Pot Lux60
Instapot Pot LUX60 has less features as compared to DUO60. However, it can be suited for most people as it is available at an affordable price. The LUX60 is a 6-in-1 has one pressure cooking option less as compared to LUX60.
– This model is specially built for people with tight budget. The LUX60 is available at a reasonable price. The price of this model will overlook the great features of Duo60.
– Customers with the tight budget can purchase this model and will also have a benefit of bringing one of the best electric pressure cookers in their kitchen.
– Instapot LUX60 consists of all the important features you expect from an electric pressure cooker.
– The wonderful features available in DUO60 are not found in this model.
– Due to its old-fashioned design, there has been an effect on the sale of this model.
– It provides less cooking options which force customers to either go with DUO60 or choose a better Instant Pot.
– Due to its big size, you can’t keep it in a small kitchen.
- Instant Pot Lux 6 qt multi-cooker, combines 6 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support your busy lifestyle
- Built with the latest 3rd generation microprocessor technology, up to 240 minutes pressure-cooking up to 24 hours delay start, automatic Keep Warm up to 10 hours, 3 temperatures in Saute & Slow Cook
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavors, nutrients and aromas within the food
- Power supply: 120V - 60Hz
- Power: 1000 watts
Comparison Chart: Instapot DUO60 Vs. Instapot LUX60-V3
Main Differences between Instant Pot DUO60 vs. LUX60-V3
Listed below are some of the main differences between the two instapots:
Both the instant pots are multi-cookers, which simply means providing functions of different types of kitchen appliances in one. However, Instapot DUO60 is 7-in-1 cooker while LUX60 is a 6-in-1 cooker. Also, DUO60 is a yogurt maker while LUX60 isn’t.
Instapot DUO60 has 14 built-in programs while LUX60 has only 10.
Instapot DUO60 offers a 3-prong plug while Lux60 offers a 2-prong plug.
Instapot DUO60 consists of a lid holder and also a steam rack with handles. LUX60 doesn’t consist of a lid holder. However, it possesses a steam rack without handles.
As mentioned before, Instapot DUO60 consists of more programs as compared to LUX60. While LUX60 possess some programs which aren’t present in DUO60.
IP-DUO60 possess Yogurt, Bean/Chili, and Poultry settings, which are not in LUX60. On the other hand, LUX60 possess Cake and Egg settings, which are not present in DUO60.
Which Instapot is Best?
By considering the pros and cons of both the models, it is clear that both the models consists of unique features, hence it is not fair to go with a model.
If you are tight on your budget, then you should go with LUX60, it will fulfill most of your demands. While, if you are not concerned about price, then go with DUO60, which is one of the best cooking appliances.