For people who love to cook and spend the majority of their time in the kitchen cooking delicious meals, they will surely agree that pressure cookers are a very important kitchen appliance. With the help of an Instapot or pressure cooker, you can not only lessen your work, but you can also get your dishes done fast and right. Other than that, a pressure cooker is also useful in a lot of other ways such as it traps the heat inside it and therefore, you can expect a cooler atmosphere in your kitchen. Also, you can use it for boiling and soften the meat and other hard food items. And, the fact that a pressure cooker takes less time to cook it is also an energy efficient appliance. So you can see the number of advantages that you can avail from a pressure cooker. After all, this pressure cooker discussion now, let’s shift our attention to once such cooker that will completely revolutionize your cooking experience for the rest of your life.
To end your curiosity, the name of the cooker is InstaPot. It’s a kind of special pressure cooker than do a lot more than just an ordinary pressure cooker. Instead of wondering what this InstaPot is read the article and you will know everything about it.
What Is Instant Pot (aka Instapot)?
Before, we dive into the details of the Instant Pot, by the word ‘Insta’ in its name we can very well figure out that it’s a pot that is designed for fast cooking. InstaPot is a multi-functional pressure cooker that can eliminate the use of 9-10 other kitchen appliances. Thus, it will not only save your time, but it will also save your money which you would have invested in buying other kitchen appliances. In case if you weren’t a big fan of pressure cooker cooking before, with this revolutionary product you can transform your cooking experience completely. In fact, this product is such a great invention that you may get addicted to it. Also, the product is completely safe to use so; you can cook tension free.
As already mentioned above the InstaPot is a multi-functional kitchen appliance, and it can do a lot more as what a pressure cooker can do. It serves many other different functions such as it can work as a steamer, cake maker, warmer, yogurt maker, sterilizer, slow cooker, egg cooker, rice cooker and sauté/brownie. Thus, you can see that how convenient it will be to have this product in your kitchen. All these amazing features of this product is what makes it the best pressure cooker available in the market, currently.
Review & Compare the Instant Pot Models
The Main Features of the InstaPot or Instant Pot
Apart from the multi-functioning quality, the pot comes with a lot of other features as well. No wonder, it has become the favorite option of all the people who love to cook. The features of the InstaPot are as follows:
- The product is really easy to use.
- The pot comes with a 24hrs delay start timer.
- It has an easy to use control panel for you to operate it smoothly.
- It is made of three piles stainless steel which is guaranteed to last long.
- For slow cooking and sauté making, the pot has three temperature settings.
- The product is also equipped with automatic keep-warm and dual pressure settings.
- It is an energy efficient product, and thus, it helps you to save on your electricity bills.
- The product is certified by ULC and UL.
- It also has ten built-in safety mechanisms which make the device extremely safe to use.
- It also comes with 14 built-in programs so that you don’t face any complications while using the pot for the first time.
- The product is also available in different models.
Now that you know its features, you will obviously agree with the fact that it’s the best. After all, what more could you have asked from a pressure cooker?
Different Types of InstaPot | Instant Pot Models
As already mentioned above, Insta Pot is available in different models which you can buy the one depending on your needs. But before you decide to buy an InstaPot, you obviously need to know the different models available. For your convenience, we have listed all the models of Insta Pot below. Have a look through it, and after that, you can decide which model suits your need the best. Here you go with it:
- Insta Pot LUX [Check Price on Amazon]
- Insta Pot DUO [Check Price on Amazon]
- Insta Pot DUO (Editor’s Choice) [Check Price on Amazon]
- Insta Pot ULTRA [Check Price on Amazon]
- Insta Pot SMART [Check Price on Amazon]
- Insta Pot DUO Plus 60[Check Price on Amazon]
- Instant Pot Max[Check Price on Amazon]
So, these are the different models of InstaPot that you will get in the market. All the models mentioned are equally good when it comes to performance. Therefore, no matter which one you choose, you will more or less get the same performance from each of them. However, there are some differences in their functions which we will be discussing later in the article. In short, you will have to choose the one that serves your purpose.
Which Is the Best InstaPot Model?
After going through the different Insta Pot models, now let’s find out which one is the best. It is true that all of them are great when it comes to performance but in this world of competition we do have to choose a clear winner. And thus, let’s discuss the best Insta Pot model that you can get.
Talking about the best Instant Pot Model, it completely depends on your needs and convenience. Like for instance, if you are on a tight budget then, you can go for the LUX and if not then, you can always go for the expensive SMART or ULTRA. But then again it’s all about your convenience and needs that which model you find the best for yourself. For example, if ULTRA is convenient for someone to use, it may not be that convenient for the other person. So you see, it differs from person to person. But to help you with your decision, here are some of the facts about the different models.
- DUO Plus is the model that is preferred even by the editors. It has been equipped with some additional features which are sure to catch your attention. The extra added features include sterilizer, cake maker, and built-in egg boil function. DUO Plus is a model that has evolved from DUO and thus, it is obviously better than that.
- For people if you are looking for a simple Insta Pot model with less advanced features, you can simply go for the LUX.
- When it comes to SMART, it is designed for all the tech-savvy people out there. With SMART you can have unlimited possibilities for cooking.
- And then we have the Instant Pot ULTRA which is best suited for people living in the higher altitudes. The product is enabled with altitude adjustment control which is obviously really helpful. With these settings, there is no need for any guesswork, and thus, you can have a good time cooking your meal.
Thus, you can see that how different models of InstaPot are suitable for different individuals with a different need. Therefore, when you go to buy an InstaPot make sure that the model you are choosing cater to all your needs.
Reviews of the Best Insta Pots 2019
The products that are listed below are very much popular among the customers because of the amazing features that they come packed with. If you have to buy an instapot then you can go for any of these instant pots. Here you go with the list.
#1. Insta Pot LUX
Insta Pot LUX is known to be a smart and multi-use electric pressure cooker that is designed with the objective of providing you with convenience and safety during cooking your delicious meals. With the help of this Instapot LUX, you can speed up your cooking time up to 2 to 6 minutes. Not only that, but the appliance is also energy efficient. Insta pot is also known to preserve the nutrients and thus can help you to make healthy and delicious meals. This is a multi-cooker that can easily perform the function of 6 kitchen appliances for you. You can slow cook, make rice, saute, steam and do so much more with this one single pot. Also, the Instapot comes with 12 in-built programs. Now making your favorite dishes is only a few clicks of buttons away.
Here are the complete features of the product:
- It can support a family of 4 to 6 people.
- It is a multi-use programmable pressure cooker which comes with advanced microprocessor technology, stainless steel inner, 6 quart and 12 smart programs.
- It can perform the task of 6 kitchen appliances alone.
- It comes with easy one-touch controls.
- The product is equipped with 3rd generation technology which can monitor pressure and temperature, adjust heat intensity and also keep time.
- The instapot LUX also comes with high-pressure settings as well.
- It is also equipped with adjustable temperature settings.
- The product also comes with steam rack and lid. The safety lid that is provided with the instapot prevents accidental opening of the cooker due to pressure.
- The pot is also equipped with an anti-blockage vent that prevents food debris from blocking the vent.
Pros & Cons of Insta Pot LUX
Insta Pot DUO is rated by editors and is considered to be the best instant pot that is available out there. With the help of this, you can actually have a whole new experience of cooking that you never had before. This Instapot is alone equivalent to 7 kitchen appliances. Once you have it in your kitchen you no longer have to invest in any other kitchen appliance again. The product comes with all the right features that can help you cook faster and save time. This is an ideal kitchen companion for the people who love cooking. Starting from cooking to warming you can do it all with the help of this one single appliance. The fact that this appliance can alone perform the task of many other kitchen appliances you can save up space in your kitchen. Remove all the other appliances from your kitchen because you have got the Instapot DUO. This is the best that you can get when it comes to buying an instapot.
Here are the complete features of the product:
- The instapot DUO is a 7 in 1 multi-use programmable pressure cooker that comes with advanced microprocessor technology.
- The appliance comes with 14 smart programs as well to make things convenient for you.
- It is made of stainless steel.
- With the help of this appliance, you can cook, slow cook, steam, make suate, yogurt and so much more than you can even expect.
- The DUO comes with easy one-touch controls.
- The appliance is equipped with 3rd generation technology that helps monitor pressure, temperature. Other than that it can also keep time, adjust heat intensity and prepare delicious meals.
- The DUO comes with dual pressure settings along with adjustable temperature settings.
- The DUO is made 100% percent safe to use.
Pros & Cons of Insta Pot DUO
If you want to improve your cooking experience then you should definitely consider opting for the Insta pot Ultra. This is an amazing kitchen appliance that can give you the best kitchen and cooking experience. With this great invention, you can save up maximum time while cooking and invest it somewhere important. Cooking has never been this easy and comfortable before. But with the invention of this amazing technology today it is. Even the people who do not enjoy cooking can have a good time using this kitchen appliance because all you have to do is put the ingredients in the pot and then click a few buttons. Your meal will be ready even before you know it. Yes, it is this fast. Not only that but it is also very easy to use and you can also clean very conveniently. If you already have this product then you already know the joy of cooking with it. But for the ones who are yet to buy it should know that you are missing out on some great stuff and experience. The best thing about this product is that it runs on electricity so there is no need for you to use gas which can cause to fire breakouts. Thus, you can say that cooking with Insta Pot Ultra is not only easy but it is also very much safe. Also, the ultra comes with several features that are mentioned below. In short, this is totally worth your money. In fact, it is a one-time investment.
Here are the complete features of the product:
- Not 6 or 7 but this instapot ultra can perform the task of 10 kitchen appliances alone.
- The ultra comes with a central dial which allows you a more precise cooking program selection and adjustment.
- The Ultra model also comes with several other adjustments and programmes such as ultimate custom programming and altitude adjustment.
- The pot is also equipped with a cooking progress indicator which allows you to monitor the cooking states such as preheat, cook and keep warm.
- With the help of the quick release button, you can perform both the pulse and continuous steam release manually.
- The Ultra is made of stainless steel and also comes with a rack and lid for your convenience.
- The Ultra also has an anti-blockage vent that prevents food debris from blocking the vent.
- The lid of the instapot is equipped with a sensor.
Pros & Cons of Insta pot Ultra
As the name suggests you are smart if you make use of the InstaPot smart. It makes cooking 10 times more easy and comfortable than before. You can forget the days when you had to spend hours in the kitchen in order to prepare the meals. With this new appliance, you can get all your cooking done in less than 2 hours or so. Having guests at your place? No problem because you have the instapot smart with you. This is just like a regular pressure cooker. The only difference is that it can do a lot more than a regular pressure cooker and also it runs on electricity. Starting from making sauté to simple cooking it can do everything for you. Once you have it in your possession you will not look back at any other kitchen appliance anymore. If you are interested to get the new insta pot smart then here are its features.
Here are the complete features of the product:
- This is a multiple-use electric programmable pressure cooker which can perform the task of 7 kitchen appliances alone.
- The instapot smart is also equipped with Bluetooth connectivity with the help of which you can monitor your cooking progress in graphics from your smartphone or tablet.
- It also comes with many other settings and adjustments that give you a better cooking experience.
- It is made of stainless steel and also comes with a rack and lid.
- It is equipped with automatic temperature control.
- It also comes with smart detection of the leaky lid.
Pros & Cons of Instapot Smart
Instapot DUO Plus is the upgraded version of the earlier model. It allows you to cook rice, eggs, to make yogurt and also a cake. This model has an efficient and improved display interface. It consists of the LCD screen which displays all the controls clearly. You should set-time and then leave it on the cooker, as it will cook food as per time-limit set by you.
Instapot helps you to cook a wide number of recipes in half-time as compared to a pressure cooker. It consists of 15 built-in microprocessor programs which allow you to cook food 70% fast.
- It is built from high-quality metals.
- Inner construction is done from stainless steel along with lid, and the inner-pot with a 3-ply bottom.
- All the components consist of a steam rack which is easy to clean and dishwasher free.
- It is highly energy efficient.
- It doesn’t release steam when cooking and contains all the smells.
- All the cooking programs keys are on touchpad which is easy to select and operate.
- It is fully programmable for automated cooking.
Pros & Cons of Instapot DUO Plus
Instant Pot Max allows you to cook food in less time due to its NutriBoost technology which boils the vegetables or meat at boiling motion during pressure to soften food by adding nutrition and flavor. It is one of the most popular Instapot available in the market.
Instapot Max is able to replace more appliances, possess more power, more technology and a lot of space for creativity. It allows you to cook soup or broth as it breaks the vegetables, lentils, and meat to provide good flavor to the recipe.
- It consists of an LCD touch screen, which provides a lot of information about the cook, such as the internal temperature of the pot and a progress bar which is shown on the top.
- Venting can be done with the touch of a button. This button enables intermittent venting or quick release.
- You don’t have to look after the meal now and then, just set the time of cooking and leave it to the cooker.
- The pot is constructed from 304 stainless steel, hence it is rust-resistant and also high-pressure of the stove wouldn’t damage pot.
- It also possess a removable cord, which is one of the most effective features of this cooker.
- It provides a feature of automated venting and lid lock which prevents from harmful accidents while boiling or steaming the food.
Pros & Cons of Instant Pot Max
Thus, from the above discussion, you can understand that Insta Pot is the next big thing in the world of kitchen appliances. With the help of it, you can transform your cooking experience completely. If you are planning to buy an instapot then you can choose from any of the above-mentioned models.
Which Is The Best Size?
If we talk about the sizes of the different Insta Pot then, it completely depends on you and your needs. But it is advisable that you should always go for a size bigger so, that you can cook your meals conveniently. You can fulfill your smaller needs in a bigger model, but if it’s the opposite, then it won’t be possible. And therefore, you should always go for a bigger size. Also, you need to keep in mind that if, you are going for a 6-quart size then, you can only fill it up 3/4th. So keeping the fill size in mind is also important while purchasing the right size Insta Pot for your kitchen. For people with a small family a 6-quart pot is just fine, but if you have a big joint family then, it is advisable that you go for the 8 quarts one. Other than that, you are always free to buy the size of your own choice depending on your needs. However, keeping all these points is also important so, that you don’t regret it later. Thus, it can be concluded that the best size of the Instant Pot is depended on what you need.
Pros of Buying an InstaPot
Instant Pot is obviously one of the best kitchen appliances that you can have in your kitchen. The pot is designed to transform your cooking experience and also to make it more fast and convenient. To sum it up, here are the advantages of buying an InstaPot:
Ease of Use
In other words, it can be said that the Insta Pot serves as a great helping hand. Starting from cooking rice to other complicated meal, it can do everything. Not only is that, but cooking with Insta Pot also fast and convenient. With this product in hand, you no longer have to crib about cooking meals for the guest. All you have to do is push a few buttons, and there, you have your delicious meal ready. Now isn’t that a great thing?
Safe to Use
The makers of InstaPot have designed it keeping in mind about the safety, and thus, it is very safe to use. The product is equipped with all the safety measures such as safety lock on the lid which prevents it from opening so, that there’s no risk of the pressure cooker bursting. Other than that, there is also a built-in pressure function to ensure further safety. Also, the product comes with smart leaky lid detection which can detect any leakage of steam easily. And then in the case of excess pressure, the product has an Excess Pressure protection technology that can take care of the increasing pressure inside. With all these safety measures, you can trust the product and use it whenever you want.
The makers have made the product in such a way that it uses only 70% of the energy and thus, you can very well call this product an energy efficient one. Also, it eliminates the need for at least 9-10 kitchen appliances which means you can save on your expenses as well.
Healthy And Nutritious Food
The pot is crafted with the motive that it can provide you with healthy and delicious food. Unlike other pressure cookers, Insta Pot can retain the important vitamins and minerals of the food. With the help of the Instant Pot, you can not only get good food, but you will also stay healthy.
Cons of Buying the InstaPot
Just like any other product even the Insta Pot comes with its fair share of disadvantages which are listed below:
- Most people make the mistake of filling up the pot with all the ingredients and just forget about the inner pot which ultimately damages the Instant Pot.
- The fact that the Insta Pot makes use of steam and pressure to cook food, it’s important that you seal the rubber ring inside the pot nicely. Otherwise, you will end up having food as hard as a rock.
- The problem with Instant Pot is that you will have to let the pressure build in c0ompetely to cook your food properly.
From the above discussion, one thing is clear that Instant Pot is the ultimate pressure cooker that you need to have in your kitchen. It may have some negative points about it, but its usefulness overshadows all of them on any given day. So if you wish to make your cooking all easy-breezy then, all you need is an InstaPot in your kitchen, and you are all done.
Who is Instapot for? And which one you should buy?
Before you plan to buy an Instapot, you have to decide whether it will fit your lifestyle or not. We will provide you with practical reasons to buy an Instapot. However, in the end, it’s your sole decision, whether to buy an Instapot or not.
Busy Life: Instapot saves a lot of time in the kitchen and helps you to save more money.
Big Family: If you have more than 6-8 members in the family, then also Instapot will serve your purpose. You don’t need to look at the cooker while making food. Hence, you can spend more time with your family and kids.
Small Kitchen: Instapot occupies very little space. Also, you don’t need to keep 5 different appliances in the kitchen to perform different tasks as it can perform all tasks alone.
Travel Frequently: If you travel frequently, then instant pot will help you to prepare healthy and nutritious meals.
Lazy and tired: All the lazy cookers who don’t like to invest a lot of energy in the kitchen and looking for a device, then the Instapot is best suited for you. Using Instapot, you will not have to put a much effort into cooking. Also, you can clean the cooker within a few minutes and it’s also dishwasher free.
Budget-friendly: This cooker can help to cook food from scratch, thus helps you to save a lot of money. You can purchase rice, beans, and legumes in bulk, and thus save a lot of money.
Environment-Friendly: It consumes 60-70% less power, thus saves a lot of money on the electricity bill.
Plant-based Diets: It allows you to cook plant-based diets such as rice, beans or lentils easily.
If you fall in any of the category mentioned above, then continue reading. Here, we will help you to decide which Instapot model and size works best in the situation.
- Can Instapot speed the process of cooking?
The traditional way of cooking a meal in a pressure cooker is a time-consuming process. Whereas, preparing a meal in the Instapot is easier and faster than any other cooking appliances. This appliance is capable of reducing cook time by 70% than the traditional way of preparing a meal.
- Does Instantpot come with any disadvantage?
Ans: the Instant Pot is a multi-functional appliance in a kitchen, which is capable of cooking many dishes in a short span of time. You follow the process of how the meal is to be prepared and seal the appliance to begin cooking. You do not need to do anything else, just wait and you will soon have the food prepared. Therefore, it gives us a disadvantage over the inspection of the preparation as you cannot see nor do anything to the meal being made.
- Is there any minimum liquid to be put in the Instant Pot?
The general rule for preparing a meal that requires water is to pour one-fifth of the entire amount, which gives the food to move around and be prepared properly. However, in the Instant Pot, it requires less amount of water than the traditional ways.
- Why my food always burn?
If you prepare a meal with insufficient water there is a high chance you will end up burning your food. This is why, it is very important to maintain the correct moisture and oil level to avoid burning the food, even when you are using an Instant Pot.
- Can frozen food be cooked without defrosting
If you are planning to cook the frozen food in the pot then go ahead, it will take a while but eventually, prepare the meal for you. Please note, that chunky food takes more time than flattened frozen food. So, you know what to do next time you refrigerate the food.
- How much time does it take for the pot to get pressure?
The amount of food we are about to prepare sets the time of the pressure cooker to prepare a meal. Be it the traditional pressure cooker or the electric pressure cooker, the Instant Pot. Preparing a meal and the time taken for it depends on the amount of food. Thus, the Instant Pot takes time.
- How safe is it to cook in an Instant Pot?
Yes, indeed it is very safe to cook in an Instant Pot. The appliance is an electric pressure cooker and has many safety mechanisms that will help avoid any malfunctions or accidents. Thus, the cooking is safer and easier in the Instant Pot than any other traditional appliances.
- Types of cooking accessories for Instantpot
Accessories like oven-safe containers, bowls, plates, and stainless steel tend to heat faster. This way, you can prepare your food with them in the pot for better performance. Also, there are accessories that come along with the pot. Make use of them.
Now that the most frequently asked questions have been answered, it gives you a clear picture of what the instant pot is made up of and what can it do. In simpler words, the Instant Pot is highly efficient and very easy to use. It has a functionality of many-in-one, including baking a cake and making a sunny side up egg. hence, the usability of this Instant Pot pressure cooker is extremely genuine and fabulous to use. It boosts the experience of preparing a meal and comes in handy. It cuts the meal prep time short, allowing users to prepare a meal in a shorter span of time. These Instant Pots come in various designs, functions and its price depends on the brand you are purchasing. Nonetheless, this kitchen appliance has changed the game of cooking.
InstaPot / Instant Pot Review: Best Electric Pressure Cooker of 2019
This Instapot Reviews will help you to Choose the right Model For Yourself. We have collected The List of Latest Instant Pot Models of 2019 includes LUX, DUO, DUO Plus, ULTRA & Smart Insta Pot | Best Electric Pressure Cooker of 2019 with Key Features, Pros & Cons.